Monday, July 18, 2011

[Profession Guide] Socialite

Raising socialite skill isn't easy. I also had a hard time understanding how to get the Persuade and Intimidade skills which you should notice begin to be sort of a requirement to some quests once you reach level 20.

Raising Social Skill

In order to even learn the Persuade and Intimidate Job skills (don't confuse these with the ones you can use in NPC dialogs) you need to be a Level 3 Socialite, which is no easy task. The best way to raise social skill, which means earning social experience, is by doing the following Rio daily quests:
  • Scent of the Heart (requires level 1, gives 10 Social skill)- I haven't yet done this one. It requires a female and a male character. The female obtains a certain perfume. The male then needs to obtain the same perfume and give it to the female. Then she uses the perfume near the male character. Or something like that. As an extra benefit you learn special actions/emotions once you do this quest. One of them (kiss) is required for some quests. So I suggest doing these in a bunch
  • Wish Card (requires level 1, gives 10 social skill) - You can do these only as part of the Life in the Harbor dailies you get from Henry. Sometimes you can get lucky and get 2 or 3 in a row, but don't rely on these to do steady level up of your social skill.
  • Negotiations (requires level 2, gives 90 social skill) - You can do these by simply talking with some NPCs. It will be a major help reaching level 3.
Personally I only did Negotiations and Wish Card quests. I tried the scent of her heart but most of the times I found impatient female characters who didn't bother explaining me what to do and since I was still waiting for some real life friends to join me on Forsaken World I decided not to bother too much with it.

Persuade and Intimidade Skills


You get these skills from the Socialite Tutor.Pierre Dannika for example, which is right next to Rio. There is a catch though, which I only found out after reaching Socialite Rank 3: you need to have thirty social contribution to learn each one. That's right... social contribution. I thought I had to volunteer at the hobo Christmas dinner or something but no. There is only two ways to obtain social contribution and that's:
  • Enter instances with a party. It doesn't need to be a pre-formed party. You need to finish the instance however. And I'm not entirely sure how the social contribution points are awarded. Probably having people finish quests and stuff adds a bit more. If you do God's Trial frequently you won't have a problem with lacking social contribution.
  • Finish Quell the Elements quests with a party. Once again, I'm not sure it needs to be a party of more than 2. I still need to try this out. This quest is given in Sea of Oblivion and requires you to kill a bunch of elemental monsters (usually 20).
You can check your social contribution points by opening you character pane, then opening the Reputation pane, clicking the Personal tab and checking the Contribution value. Hovering the mouse over the Contribution gives you some help on how to get more of it and how to use it.

1 comment:

  1. Took me a while to figure it out too. Then I found that I either had characters with high contribution but low socialite level or high socialite level and low contributions. I now have 1 char lvl 45, 5 chars lvl 33+ and no one with persuade or intimidate yet. :(

    On most characters I out levelled the Fort and can't be bothered doing Lighthouse or Canyon since they take so long.

    Oh, and the Creekbank Valley instance doesn't seem to contribute toward social contribution. :(

    ReplyDelete